ZEP RACE TEAM
YOUTH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND RACE TEAM
SEASON LONG PROGRAM | 13+ YRS
At ZEP we believe in inclusive, fun, multi discipline, season long development programs to help our athletes to develop into better people, riders and racers.
To help aspiring racers gain a range of racing experience and become better riders, better athletes and better people. These programs are for hardworking, passionate riders who are ready and keen to push their skills and develop their race craft, without losing sight of what’s really important… learning and having fun on the bike!
What sets ZEP apart from the rest? Our coaches, plain and simple.
This program is coached by the best in the business; fully certified PMBIA Level 4 Skills Coaches and PMBIA Course Conductors - those who train and certify other coaches. With their own racing experience and many years of riding and coaching around the globe, ZEP’s coaches ensure every athlete will have an incredible season on the bike. At the races, unlike other programs, our coaches walk, ride, film and when appropriate, even race the same track as the athletes. This allows our coaches to provide the best possible support and advice to the ZEP athletes throughout every race weekend.
Our coaching philosophy focuses on development of social, technical and decision-making skills to help our young athletes maximize their own progression and growth as a racer.
These programs include race support from track walk discussions, tactical advice and feedback, to race-run warm ups and post race debriefs. We’ll be there to support each athlete's needs, including the professional ZEP Race Team pit space, complete with all the tools and equipment to educate and support the athletes with any bike setup and maintenance needs.
ZEP Coaches optimize sessions for safety, risk management and skill progression. The focus will always be on personal improvement throughout the season, rather than results. Every athlete receives one-to-one coaching with detailed video and technical analysis to deliver the ultimate coaching and riding experience.
These programs help take the athletes' riding, racing and decision-making skills to the next level. Providing a supportive, inclusive and enriching environment in which to thrive and develop as a young person.
Applicants should have a keen interest in racing, be comfortable with all black diamond and double black diamond trails in the Whistler Bike Park and Valley trail network and have a level of fitness and mindset that supports full days of riding, by early summer.
PROGRAM OPTIONS: CHOOSE ONE
FULL SEASON COACHING & RACE SUPPORT
- 14 Spring After School Skills Sessions: Tues & Thu, starting May 14th
- Two Spring Weekend Race Training Camps: Coast Gravity Park & Pemberton
- 8 full day Race Training Wednesdays - Coaching schedule organized to work around races - full calendar to be confirmed
- 3 days of coaching and race support at each of the 4 required BC Cups (Sun Peaks, Silver Star and Coast Gravity, Whistler - race selection is subject to change)
- Coaching and race support at Crankworx races and events
- Personal Coaching Plan for every athlete
- $4995 + tax
We recommend this package for dedicated, advanced Sea-to-Sky riders who are looking to progress into racing. Coaching and Racing experience an asset, but not mandatory.
DUNBAR, BC CUP & CRANKWORX RACE SUPPORT
- 4 Credit Coaching Pass: athletes can apply this towards the early season Coast Gravity Training Camp, weekend spring training camps, or the race and freeride coaching sessions, based on their schedule.
- Full support at the Dunbar Summer Series Fernie, Panorama & Kicking Horse Races: one trip with 3 races over 10 days!
- 3 days of coaching and race support at the 2 required BC Cups (Sun Peaks and Whistler - Race selection is subject to change)
- Coaching and race support for Crankworx races and events.
- Personal Coaching Plan for every athlete
- $3995 + tax
We recommend this package for dedicated riders who have either been a part of the ZEP Race programs in previous seasons and/or who have previous BC Cup race experience
ADD-ONS: TO TAILOR YOUR SEASON!
After registration, purchase additional ‘Coaching Passes’ or ‘Race Passes’ to apply to the options below.
APPLY PASSES TO
FREERIDE COACHING DAY = 1 CREDIT
VALLEY ADVENTURE & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT - MONDAYS AVAILABLE 6 MONDAYS IN AND AROUND RACE SCHEDULE
Full day coaching sessions focused on the fun side of expert riding. Working around the race schedule, these sessions provide a safe environment for our race team to push the creativity and adventure side of their riding skillset.
Full day Whistler Valley adventure rides aiming to showcase the incredible Whistler Valley terrain outside the bike park with guided coaching on some of the best trails and features in the world, including the Whistler Dirt Jumps.
COAST GRAVITY PARK SPRING CAMP = 4 CREDITS
PRIVATE ACCESS TO CGP FOR ZEP ATHLETES! SPRING BREAK 2024
The two-day ZEP CGP Spring Camp is the perfect early season training camp to dust of the cobwebs and get back up to speed and confidence on the bike. With private access to the park only for ZEP athletes, we maximize our laps, fun and progression.
The camp is used to check in physically, mentally and tactically with each athlete to assess where they’re at and start working on their personal coaching plan. Topics such as bike set up and athlete expectations and culture will also be discussed to ensure success for the season ahead.
HOW TO APPLY ADD-ONS TO YOUR ZEP RACE TEAM PACKAGE
Once your registration is complete (see below) you will be sent details to pay for and sign up to the relevant coaching session, training camps or additional race support options you require, by purchasing the relevant ‘Coaching Credits’ or ‘Race Passes’. For example:
- 2x Freeride Coaching Sessions and the CGP Training Camp = 6 credits.
- 3x Afterschool Sessions (worth 1 credit) and 2x Race Training Days = 3 credits
- 1x CGP Spring Training Camp = 4 credits
- 1x Weekend Spring Training Camp = 2 credits
- 6x Race Training Days and 1 Additional Race = 6 credits and 1 Race Pass
VALUE ADDED… The Coaching Credit Passes offer better value as they increase… the more credits, the cheaper the coaching.
THE RACE TEAM - WHAT’S INCLUDED?
- Exclusive ZEP Troy Lee Designs Team Kit: jersey, pants, gloves
- ZEP Race Team Hat and of course… stickers!
- Suspension Set-Up and Testing Sessions
- Support and maintenance clinics from Evolution Cycles and Coastal Culture
- Monthly Progress Reports from ZEP Coaches
- Access to ZEP Partner Discounts & Pro-deals: including TLD, CushCore, Chromag and Transition (TBC).?
Please note: these are subject to change at any moment.
Athletes will be responsible for travel, accommodation and lift passes during the selected Race Weekends and Dunbar Series Trip.
A Bike Park Pass will also be required in addition to this program. Athletes are responsible for all equipment costs and maintenance.
HOW TO REGISTER OR APPLY
FOR PREVIOUS ZEP RACE TEAM MEMBERS: Click here to choose your package and add-on credits, to create your custom ZEP Race Team Package! You will then be sent details to sign up for the relevant add-on programs, once payment is complete.
FOR NEW ZEP RACE TEAM APPLICANTS: Applicants should have a keen interest in racing, be comfortable with all black diamond and double black diamond trails in the Whistler Bike Park and Valley trail network and have a level of fitness and mindset that supports full days of riding, by early summer.
Athletes are required to submit a thoughtful, well-produced cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday March 1st, 2024, at 4:00 pm (this is a hard cut-off date to meet timelines and ensure fairness). Your cover letter should speak to you as a person and an athlete. It should include your aspirations, what you would bring to the Team environment, as well as other key points you wish to make – this should be no more than one page.
Your resume should outline your riding experience and race participation to date, and other relevant work, life, sport history.
All applicants will be notified no later than March 10th, 2024. Program payments can be made in full or through monthly instalments as per the ZEP booking and cancellation policies.
Each athlete invited should commit to racing 4 BC Cup DH races including the Whistler BC Cup during the season. Other events may include races such as the Dunbar Series, Coast Gravity BC Cup or Crankworx events, etc. Each athlete must purchase a Whistler Bike Park Pass. This brings a greater diversity to the skills training, allowing sessions to run in both the Valley and Bike Park, ensuring maximum fun and progression throughout the program.