ENDURO RACE TEAM
ENDURO-FOCUS YOUTH RACE DEVELOPMENT TEAM
This is ZEP’s top tier, season-long, Enduro Race Program for athletes 16 years and older. This program is for inspiring racers who want to develop their craft of racing as a tool to become better riders, better people and better athletes. Lead by Ross Dunlop, ZEP’s Enduro Team Head Coach and one of the most senior mtb coaches in the industry, this program is designed for riders who are keen to work hard, progress and, of course, have fun on two wheels!
The program includes early-season weekend training camps, race support and coaching at three Enduro races, plus 10 full day coaching sessions, throughout the season.
Applicants should have a keen interest in racing, be comfortable with all black diamond and double black diamond trails in the Whistler valley trail network, and have a level of fitness and mindset that supports long days of trail riding (up to 30-35km), by early summer.
Registration opens February 15th, 2022
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What sets ZEP apart from the rest? Our coaches, plain and simple. This program is coached by the best in the business; fully certified PMBIA Level 4 Skills Coaches and PMBIA Course Conductors - those who train and certify other coaches. Along with their own racing experience and many years of riding and coaching around the globe, ZEP’s coaches will ensure you or your athlete will have an incredible season on the bike.
Coaching will be divided between;
- 3 Spring Weekend Training Camps
- 10 Full Day Coaching Sessions throughout the season
- 3 Race Weekends with coaching and support as part of the ZEP Race Team*
The training will focus on continued development of a multitude of social, technical, physical and decision making skills to help the young athletes maximize their progression and growth on the team. While the program includes race support, the focus will be on personal development throughout the season, rather than results.
ZEP Coaches always maximize sessions for safety, risk management and skill progression. Every athlete will receive one-to-one coaching and detailed video and technical analysis to deliver the ultimate coaching and riding experience. This program will help take their riding, racing and decision making skills to the next level, while providing a supportive, enriching environment in which to thrive and develop as a young person.
Each youth invited should commit to racing a minimum of 3 Enduro races during the season, with at least one ideally being a Canadian National Enduro Series race. Others may include races such as the Pemberton Enduro, Squamish (Gryphon) Enduro, Crankworx EWS 80, etc.
Each youth must purchase a Whistler Bike Park Pass. This brings a greater diversity to the skills training, allowing sessions to run in both the Valley and Bike Park, ensuring maximum fun and progression throughout the program.
Each youth must commit to attending at least 8 of the Thursday night Toonies throughout the Toonie season to positively represent the ZEP RACE TEAM in these community events.
- $3595 + tax
- 3 Spring Weekend Training Camps: Apr 23-24, Apr 30-May 1st, May 14-15
- 10 x Full Day sessions (6hrs) Coaching Sessions
- Race Weekend Support provided at three races, each including 3 days of coaching: Harper Canadian Enduro, Revelstoked Enduro, Whistler EWS
- Coaching in all disciplines: Enduro, XC, Bike Park, Pump Track, Dirt Jumps
- Ages 16+ yrs old
- Max 6 riders
- ZEP TLD Team Kit: jersey, pants, gloves.
- ZEP Race Team Hat
- Team BBQ at the start of the program to discuss and organize logistics together
- Suspension Set-Up and Testing Sessions
- Support and maintenance clinics from Evolution Cycles and Coastal Culture
- Monthly Progress Reports from ZEP Coaches
- Participants will be responsible for travel and accommodation during the Spring Weekend Training Camps and the three selected Race Weekends
- A Bike Park Pass will be required in addition to this program
Athletes living in Whistler, 16-17 are required to submit a thoughtful, well-produced cover letter and resume to email@example.com, no later than Saturday, April 30 at 4:00 pm (this is a hard cut-off date to meet timelines and ensure fairness).
Your cover letter should speak to you as a person and an athlete. It should include your aspirations, what you would bring to the Team environment, as well as other key points you wish to make – this should be no more than one page.
Your resume should outline your riding experience and race participation to date, and other relevant work, life, sport history.
Team members will be selected and notified no later than Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
Program payments can be made in full or through monthly installments as per the ZEP booking and cancellation policies.