KIDS SHRED OKANAGAN PROGRAM
MOUNTAIN BIKE COACHING 8 - 12 years
These programs are designed for groms who love riding mountain bikes and for parents who want a quiet, easy drop off, knowing your kids are going to have an amazing day, with professional, fun, PMBIA certified coaches.
This program is catered to 8* to 12 year-olds who are already confident mountain biking on technical and flow trails… these kids want to shred!
*Kids must turn 8 by March 31st to enrol in the ZEP 2021 Kids Shred Programs
WHY CHOOSE ZEP?
With kids of our own, we know what parents and kids are looking for! Easy drop offs and staff that are trained every week, to ensure they look after and coach your kids with the attention, care and professionalism you would expect from ZEP… the business that literally wrote the books on mountain bike instructor training and kids mountain bike coaching! Learn more...
The coaching focuses on fun, safe progressions, teaching the kids how to respect limits, build their own confidence and safety awareness, while encouraging their peers.
KIDS SHRED PROGRAM OKANAGAN
The ZEP Kids Shred program includes four mornings of coaching, one day per week, from 9am - 12pm.
This program is best suited for kids who already mountain bike confidently and are comfortable on green and blue technical and flow mountain bike trails, as a minimum.
Coaching will take place on the awesome Crawford Trails (Myra-Bellevue Provincial Park) to provide the ultimate environment for safe progression and good times! If you can ride it on two wheels, we’ll be there! Sessions will also include suspension set up and bike set up tips to get their bikes dialled.
Safety, fun and learning for the kids is our priority (in that order). Groups take regular rests to ensure physical and mental well-being, and ensure the kids finish each day pumped on their ZEP Bike Camp!
ZEP Coaches always maximize sessions for safety, risk management and skill progression, so kids can build the skills without the spills.
- One session per week 9am - 12pm
- Choose between Wednesday or Saturdays, or both
- Best suited for kids who already mountain bike confidently
- Limited spaces available so sign up soon!
- Small group sizes (max 5) for fun, safe, quality coaching
- Groups will be pre-screened to ensure maximum compatibility to boost safety, fun and learning*
- PMBIA Certified Coaches with PMBIA Kids Module Training
- Recommended for kids who love mountain biking and are ready to progress their skills!
* Our goal is to ensure the best riding and learning experiences for these kids, by grouping them into as similar ability levels as possible; based on factors such as skill, balance, physical strength, interest, attitude and social skills. This is a mountain bike camp for kids who want to come to mountain bike camp! With limited spots available, be sure to sign up early to avoid missing out. ZEP Coaches will make the final decision with respect to which group each kid is place into.
- Well-fitted, quality helmets, gloves, knee and elbow pads are mandatory.
- Kids must carry their own water, snacks and spare clothes.
- Extra water will be available at the trail head/car park.
- Mountain bikes should be in good working condition and fit the child well. Bikes should be fitted with hand V-brakes or disc brakes (no coaster brakes), with quality gears and mountain bike tires, as a minimum.
- All equipment will be inspected to ensure safety and risk management.
MINIMUM RIDING SKILLS - PREREQUISITES
- Must be comfortable riding bikes for extended periods on dirt/mountain bike trails.
- Must be comfortable riding and controlling their speed on technical and rough green and blue trails.
- Have experience riding technical terrain and features such as rollers, rocks and roots, berms, small roll downs and rock gardens.
- The ZEP Coaches make the final decision with respect to which groups kids are placed in.
- 1 Day Per Week of Coaching
- Choice of ZEP logo’d waterbottle or hat
- ZEP stickers!
- 10% off additional ZEP Private Lessons
- Loads of fun and progression!
2021 DATES & PRICING
- August 11 - September 1
- August 14 - September 4 | September 11 - October 2
|KIDS SHRED PROGRAM PRICING|
|AUGUST SESSION||Wednesdays OR Saturdays||$TBD|
|AUGUST SESSION||BOTH Wednesdays AND Saturdays||$TBD|