YOUTH RACE TEAM
YOUTH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
SEASON LONG PROGRAM | 13+ yrs
This is ZEP’s multi discipline, season long development program for athletes 13 and older. The aim is for inspiring racers who want to gain a range of racing experience to become better riders, athletes and people. Lead by Dave Weeks, ZEP’s Grom Teams Head Coach, this is a program for hardworking riders keen to work hard, progress and, most of all, have fun on and off the bike.
The program includes 12 early season after school skills sessions, race support and coaching at the Dunbar Series, 3 BC Cups,Crankworx and other Whistler local races plus 12 full day sessions during the summer.
Applicants should have a keen interest in racing, be comfortable with all black diamond and double black diamond trails in the Whistler valley trail network, and have a level of fitness and mindset that supports long days of trail riding (up to 30-35km), by early summer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What sets ZEP apart from the rest? Our coaches, plain and simple. This program is coached by the best in the business; fully certified PMBIA Level 4 Skills Coaches and PMBIA Course Conductors - those who train and certify other coaches. Along with their own racing experience and many years of riding and coaching around the globe, ZEP’s coaches will ensure you or your athlete will have an incredible season on the bike.
Coaching will be divided between;
- 12 Spring After School Skills Sessions, Tue & Thu
- 12 Full day Training Sessions between races
- 3 days of coaching and support over each of the 3 selected BC Cups (Whistler, Silver Star and Coast Gravity)
- Full support at the Dunbar Summer Series (one trip: 3 races over 10 days)
- Coaching and support for Crankworx and other local Whistler races
The training will focus on continued development of a multitude of social, technical, physical and decision making skills to help the young athletes maximise their progression and growth on the team. While the program includes race support, the focus will be on personal development throughout the season, rather than results.
ZEP Coaches always maximize sessions for safety, risk management and skill progression. Every athlete will receive one-to-one coaching and detailed video and technical analysis to deliver the ultimate coaching and riding experience. This program will help take their riding, racing and decision making skills to the next level, while providing a supportive, enriching environment in which to thrive and develop as a young person.
Each youth invited should commit to racing a minimum of the Dunbar Series plus 3 other BC Cup DH races during the season. Other events may include races such as the Pemberton Enduro, Squamish (Gryphon) Enduro, Crankworx events, etc.
Each youth must purchase a Whistler Bike Park Pass. This brings a greater diversity to the skills training, allowing sessions to run in both the Valley and Bike Park, ensuring maximum fun and progression throughout the program.
- $TBD + tax
- Race Support provided at 3 Races, each including 3 days of coaching and support plus 9 days at the Dunbar Series
- 12 Spring After School Sessions: Tue/Thu starting from May 10th
- 12 x Full Day sessions (6hrs) Coaching Sessions: these will take place Tuesdays or Thursdays between races; e,g, if a race event starts on Friday, Thursday will be a travel day. Exact schedule will be confirmed at the start of the program.
- Team BBQ at the start of the program to discuss and organise logistics together
- Coaching in all disciplines: DH, Enduro, XC, Bike Park, Pump Track, Dirt Jumps
- Ages 13+ yrs old
- Max 5 riders per group
- ZEP TLD Team Kit: jersey, pants, gloves
- ZEP Race Team Hat
- Suspension Set-Up and Testing Sessions
- Support and maintenance clinics from Evolution Cycles and Coastal Culture
- Monthly Progress Reports from ZEP Coaches
- Participants will be responsible for travel and accommodation during the selected Race Weekends and Dunbar Series Trip
- A Bike Park Pass will be required in addition to this program
Athletes living in Whistler, 13+ are required to submit a thoughtful, well-produced cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Thursday March 31st, 2022, at 4:00 pm (this is a hard cut-off date to meet timelines and ensure fairness).
Your cover letter should speak to you as a person and an athlete. It should include your aspirations, what you would bring to the Team environment, as well as other key points you wish to make – this should be no more than one page.
Your resume should outline your riding experience and race participation to date, and other relevant work, life, sport history.
All applicants will be notified, no later than April 10th, 2022. Program payments can be made in full or through monthly instalments as per the ZEP booking and cancellation policies.