ZEP MTB CAMPS INSTRUCTOR: KIDS & ADULT
Part-time / full-time, seasonal position
ZEP Mountain Bike Camps is looking for fun, hard working, passionate and experienced KIDS MOUNTAIN BIKE COACHES to join our team and family business, for the 2021 season and beyond. Choosing a career in mountain bike coaching is the best job in the world!
The primary responsibility in this role will be to coach the ZEP MTB KIDS Program 2 - 5 days/week, from late June to early Sep. Additional work may also be available through the ZEP MTB CAMPS adult coaching programs and private lessons. Prior experience and a genuine passion for working with kids, and in the outdoors, is essential.
- Report to ZEP MTB CAMPS Regional Manager for the Okanagan
- Meet n Greet ZEP clients with superior people skills, questioning technique and verbal assessment
- Execute thorough bike and equipment check before every ride
- Perform Bike Set-up workshop as needed, based on time frame of lesson/camp
- Discuss trail plan and rough lesson outline with client(s) during a thorough, visual & physical warm-up
- Develop their skills using the Six Skill System from PMBIA, and ZEPs’ methodologies and coaching ethos.
- Provide in-depth, individual and group riding feedback, as required
- Deliver an exceptional riding and learning experience, akin to ZEP’s superior reputation as an industry leader
- Keep them safe and in one piece!
- Teach the best lesson they have ever had
- Take them on the best ride they have ever had
- Teaching and supervising kids and adults mountain bike lessons and programs
- Maintain strict Operational Procedures for client safety and product consistency
- Maintaining ZEP’s industry leading, professional standards for safety, risk management and customer service
- Assist in developing the Okanagan Branch of ZEP MTB CAMPS into a long term, local resource for mountain bikers and families to trust and rely on for professional mountain bike coaching services.
- Liaise and work with local bike clubs, trail advocacy groups and bike shops to support their efforts in trail building and community development, through mountain biking.
- Approx 20 - 40hrs/wk.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay scale - based on skills and experience
- Long term commitments are preferred (our staff tend to be loyal and stay with us!)
- Extensive PMBIA and ZEP Training will be an integral benefit to this role
- Health Benefits & ZEP Pro-deals included
- Fun, passionate, long term, family - orientated working environment
- On going professional development for your riding, coaching and guiding
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- PMBIA Level 2 preferred. PMBIA Level 1 as a minimum.
- PMBIA Kids Module a strong asset. (This course will be provided if you don’t have it)
- CSIA or CASI Certifications, strong asset
- Wilderness First Aid 40hrs (or similar) required.
- Passion to work in the outdoor industry
- Experience teaching and working with children from 6 - 16 yrs
- Strong knowledge of the Mountain Bike Industry is essential.
- Customer Service experience essential
- Excellent communication and people skills, fun personality and hard working.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills.
- Shows initiative, attention to detail and self-reliant.
- Team working and leadership skills.
TO APPLYPlease send your cover letter and resume, along with two references, to ZEP Owner and Director, Paul Howard, at email@example.com.
Based out of Whistler and established 2006, ZEP MTB CAMPS is an industry leader in mountain bike coaching, education and instructor training. ZEP offers a variety of coaching services, including adult skills programs, kids camps, private and custom programs and instructor training camps. ZEP is a well respected member of the Whistler and mountain biking communities, working with youth, investing in trail building initiatives and maintenance, while supporting local bike clubs, shops, rental business and of course, the Whistler Bike Park.
ZEP has featured on Pinkbike and travelled around the world, certifying the industries top instructors. ZEP is also proud to be consulting for the Canadian Olympic Mountain Bike Team.
Based on industry demand and our close attachments to the Okanagan, ZEP is planning an Okanagan branch of our programs, in 2021. The core focus will be to offer the community with key coaching programs for kids and adults, helping to grow a culture of safe, effective mountain bike lessons, while supporting the local community, bike clubs and trail builders; 2% off all proceeds will go to trail building!
As developers of the Professional Mountain Bike Instructors Association (PMBIA) Certifications and Directors of the PMBI Association, ZEP has played a key role in establishing and improving the finest teaching practices and instructor certifications, within mountain biking. Today, the PMBIA is the world’s largest and most recognized mountain bike instructor certification system. PMBIA is the chosen certification for the major bike parks and coaching companies around the world, including Whistler Bike Park.
Working with ZEP provides an opportunity to work with the best in the industry and build a real career in mountain biking!
Come join our team on our 15th year of operations!